Friday, July 29, 2011

I love Breezy Shores!


Wow! my 1st post for July. I can't believe I've been away from blogger so long. Along with some nice weekend get-aways, I've been working on a TV show airing this fall called A Gifted Man. Before you laugh at the title, there are some impressive people involved, including Jonathan Demme, Susannah Grant and actors, Patrick Wilson and Jennifer Ehle.

But enough about that... Today I decided to share some of my (many) photos of Breezy Shores on Greenport, LI. My very good friends, Margaret & Scott own a cottage there with two other couples. It's one of my favorite places to visit. 




I enjoyed a relaxing and fun 4th of July there with other friends, friends of friends and family of friends. 








Elena Colombo of Colombo Construction Corp specializes in site specific work and Firebowls (see above). Elena's Breezy cottage is chock full of charm! Click here to view a delightful slideshow on Martha Stewart's site.

~Below, are some pics from my 4th of July visit~



Love the parade that marches down the main street in Greenport.







Graham and Jon film & cheer on their little cyclists!



This miniature horse is known to veer off course each year and this one was no exception :)





I adore Margaret and Scott's place, which they share with Kip & Lena and Eric & Lucy. All parties have a wonderful design sense! Of course, I can't show everything, they deserve some privacy, but trust me every room is special :) I'll share more of the artwork in a future post.








Below is outside of Machi's cottage. She created a beautiful setting for Margaret's bridal shower/dinner several years ago. This is one of my favorite pics and it was a fun-filled night.


In September of 2007, Margaret and Scott married on Shelter Island and everyone celebrated back at Breezy (across the water). It was a spectacular wedding and night. I was thrilled to be a bridesmaid and incredibly honored to speak as maid of honor :D I'll never forget that day.





Back to the present...




This was a beautiful weekend. 

The little bunny below was one of three who had been abandoned. Local house painters found and relocated them. Here he's given some water by a caring young girl. In the following days a rescue group came to take and care for the babies.



I realize the 4th is practically a distant memory at this point, but I wanted to share :) 
Hope you're having a splendid summer and it's not going as fast as mine seems to be!
xo, A

2 comments:

mzexter said...

where is the pic of Patrick Wilson :)

Unknown said...

in my heart shaped locket ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails