Thursday, June 26, 2014

Summer in the City


A tree grows in Queens. Thought I'd share some pics I like from June. 
You'll notice I haven't made it to the beach yet or to the great Jersey pool slide 
with Kristine, but soon!

Melissa (bday girl), Leslie & Alice

Zexter had a birthday this month and we kept to tradition by dining at The Good Fork 
in Red Hook, it's always delicious (and really nice people work there!) 
Plus, we saw a naked man staring down from his window. He wasn't shy.
It's probably for the best that we couldn't quite see it all. We called him Steve.


I bet you're looking. Steve wasn't in any of these windows.


Someone's cute red BMW. I love older cars.


Valentino Park


I recently found (parts of) my sculpey versions of Ruben and Cooper under a table in my studio. 
They need some attention. The cat hair on Ruben is a nice touch ;)



I rarely make it up to Central Park, but we had a job there one day. She was not a part of it.


Pretty impressive and I like that she kept her watch on while performing 
in front of Bethesda Fountain



cute trash truck

I also had a job on Macdougal Street last week. The location was right next to Caffe Reggio.
I rarely hang out in the Village, but I sure did in the 90s. My good friend, Nina worked at 
Reggio. I was down in Soho, waiting tables at Cafe Borgia 2 on Prince Street.



It's nice to see how beautiful it remains and the cappuccino is still terrific!


Back to my neck of the woods, the Gowanus can be quite pretty in the right light.





La Slowteria, near my place, has a lovely back patio. 
This mural has been on Smith Street for as long as I can remember. I'm still charmed by it :)

I ordered a couple more of my bag designs, in the small sizes of Gingham Bear and Lotta Buns.
It would be fun to have some of these manufactured myself to sell in some local shops. 
I love the quality of Society 6 printing, but profit margins for artists is, let's just say, minimal.


Of course, it still feels great when someone buys one of my designs, so please don't hesitate
to visit my Society 6 shop - Allyn Howard


Leslie & me

"Banksy is really a girl"

:::

Conference this weekend with my talented friend, Yuko.  
Plus, we'll get to see the ever fabulous Kristine while in town.
I'll share what I've added to my portfolio next week.
Hope you can wait that long ;)
:::
*ps* If by chance you are in Milan, Italy
Go see Melissa Zexter's piece in the Triennale di Milano exhibit.
I'm very excited for her and young Mirabelle, who got to tag along!


Have a super weekend!
xo, A

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails