Wednesday, January 7, 2015

January art, my etsy shop and Cricket magazine


The new year has started, I celebrated a birthday and I've been painting.
I began this one a year ago, then put it aside. 
I went back into it the other day and I'm pretty happy with it.


Above is the initial sketch. Hope you can tell it's a class on a field trip to the modern museum.



It's very cold this week, so I painted some bright springy flowers :)


below, with a muted grey background.


Speaking of flowers,
I just added three wristlets, a pencil case and a coin purse to my etsy shop - Blip Blop Shop


I sold two and gave one as a gift over the holidays. 
My friend, Margot Kingon sewed these for me and I think they're real sweet.


Take a look at my shop to see details.





While I was home for the holidays, I came across this vintage Cricket Magazine
from 1976. It's pretty great! The cover art is by Erik Blegvad


I don't think I ever entered a contest, but it's fun to read over this one.


I was surprised to find a poem by Sylvia Plath.
You can see The Bed Book on Brain Pickings, one of my favorite blogs btw
Sylvia wrote this series of poems for her own children 
It was illustrated by Quentin Blake 


The art here is by Emily McCully


I really like this Coming Attractions page and got a kick out of the 
worm wishing a Merry Christmas to his tail and vice versa ;)


It's in good shape overall. I'll give it a read!


Ok, that's all for now.
Off to locate more blankets!

Enjoy the rest of your week.
xo, A

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, was that Cricket mag yours when you were a kid? SO cool! I remember reading it when I was young.
Amazing Sylvia Plath is in it!!

Unknown said...

Yes, that was mine. Surprised I didn't find more. I found a few of my Paddington Bear books when home, too :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails